Monday, January 19, 2015

There’s No Place Like Home

Home is not just where you’re from, the house you lived in and the yard you played in… it’s the people who made you who you are today. The ones who shaped your life and taught you by their example. The ones who stood behind you to support you, in front of you to protect you and beside you to help guide you. It’s not about the place you dwelt, but about those that you came in contact with who forever changed your life.

I’ve been blessed in my life with the quality of people who I have been surrounded by. It’s church leaders like Wendy Morris and Darci Evans who were amazing examples to me of the kind of woman that I want to become. It’s life long friends like Kristen Moss, who have always been there to cheer me up, give me advice, make me laugh and experience life with me. It’s caring teachers like Maura Landers and Michele Weith who believed in me from the beginning and sacrificed for me so that I could be where I am today. It’s my siblings Rhen, Spencer, Keaton and Krissy who remind me to laugh and not take life too seriously… but who also face life head on and create amazing things to show for their hard work with flair and pizzazz! It’s my parents who remind me who I am, what I’m capable of and what I want to become. Who sacrifice everything they have to make me happy and who have shown me that no matter what you’re given in life or what you deal with, you can always make something better of it and get to where you want to be with hard work and persistence. It’s my grandparents who have shown me that no adversity should hold you back and that life is about your loved ones and cherishing the time you get to spend with them.

It’s sitting around in the living room surrounded by your family on Christmas Eve, watching everyone laugh and interact with each other and just thinking to yourself, “This is it… This is what life is about”.

There are so many more people who have influenced my life, but these are just a few that I was able to see and hug once more while I was home in Kansas. 

There truly is no place like home to remind you who you are and why. No one succeeds in life because they did it alone. They succeed because of the people behind the scenes working on their behalf. Thank you to my behind the scenes crew! Love you all!

XOXO,
Dorothy in Sin City




No comments:

Post a Comment